Friday, April 10, 2009

Strange Happenings.

The weirdest thing happened to me yesterday.

I was loading up the car before I left school - today is a holiday and Monday is a PD day, and my report card marks are due next Friday, so I have a lot to do. I struggled out with all my stuff; a box of marking, my lunch bag (with knitting), my newly completed green sweater which I will take a picture of and put on the blog when I'm good and ready, another bag of marking, my plan book, two library books, and the assorted miscellaneous crap that I lug from place to place, not being a terribly organized individual by nature.

There I was in the parking lot, trying to get the key into the lock on the trunk so I could load it up and go home when, out of nowhere, a huge bird descended. It was gigantic, people, it was not your common or garden pigeon, not the magpies which wake us in the summer, not even a Canada goose. Oh, no, it was a monster of a bird, and it flapped its wings and beat against me until I was driven back, holding tight to my lovely green sweater and books while abandoning (with tremendous reluctance, as I'm sure you can imagine) the huge box of marking.

Wouldn't you know it, but that huge nasty old bird grabbed hold of my marking in its talons, and, with a shriek of triumph, snatched it up and flew away.

It was heading east, if you want to know.

Seems to good to be true, you say?

Sadly, you are right. Oh, well, I can dream.

In other news, the Artsy household is now inhabited by one Easy Rider:





And the weather has improved considerably. Here, for your comparison, is the before picture:



And the after picture, taken last night:




I love spring. I just wish there were more mysteriously large homework-eating birds flying around.

No comments: