Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Another day...

Say what you will about my commute, you must admit that I have a pretty sweet view in the morning.



That's looking west this morning, with a classic chinook arch in place over the mountains. I love looking at the mountains: sometimes they're so close you could touch them, other days they're barely visible. You never know what you're going to get.

The right side of the road (that would be....east) is also compelling:



The sun coming up, fields, horses, all manner of tranquility to prepare me for a day that includes this:



I am pleased to report that this is the "done" pile of marking, but still. It's eating up my life and I am not amused.

Now that I've shown you all the pictures of life on the way to the salt mines, here are a couple of the view from inside the classroom.



That's right inside the doorway. Check out those huge windows - I have the best classroom ever.

Here's a view from my desk:



Yes, that is my knitting on top of my laptop. Sometimes I knit at lunchtime - takes the edge off. (Through some weird depth-of-field accident that went unnoticed until just now, the knitting is the only thing in focus in this picture. Freudian? I wonder...)

And that, dear reader, is how I spend my day. Thanks for popping in.

No comments: