Sunday, November 22, 2009

Might as well face it, you're addicted to knitting.

The stripey scarf stripes on....







... and on....






.. and I find myself smitten. A friend looked at it and said "No offense, but the beauty in this scarf isn't the knitting, it's all about the yarn." I think that's the fun of it - you keep knitting not because knit one, purl one is so freaking exciting, but because you want to see what the next colour change will be, and how it will look with the row you're just knitting. Riveting, I tell you. Riveting.

Here's the baby hat....



The little one should be born any day now. I love the colour - that's Debbie Bliss Cashmerino I got on sale; less than one skein. Good choice, I think, for a little boy born in November.




The furnace seems to be working again, the anxiety is slightly less, and a Sunday of doing Not Too Much of Anything beckons. I think I'll knit.

No comments: