Sunday, March 29, 2009

Reminder

Dear Alberta,
I thought we had this conversation already. I thought we talked it over like rational beings and decided that you would look at the calendar and notice that it is ALMOST APRIL and that you would accordingly CUT IT OUT with the FREAKING SNOW.

But when I opened the door this morning to let the Wonder Dog out, what did I see but THIS:



This, my dear, is NOT SPRING.

Now, I like you, I really do. I've lived here for a long time, and I know how fickle you are, especially at this time of year. But I am imploring you, no, I am begging you to stop, already. I don't think I can take it any more. (Also, the Wonder Dog got stuck in the drifts and was very weirded out. She is old. Have mercy.)



Oddly enough, I could hear Canada geese honking away overhead, even though I couldn't see them. I can only presume that they were heading back south again until you come to your senses.

Which, hopefully, will be bloody soon.

Yours sincerely,
Artsy.

No comments: