Thursday, February 26, 2009

I can't sleep...

.... But guess what? Shaw cable finally showed up and brought me my very own internet connection! No more surfing off of other people's wireless! (Not that I would ever do that. No sir.) No more running to the library whenever I need to download anything! No more dial-up!

Shaw also brought me cable television, which has not lived Chez Artsy since 1997. I kid you not. I'm a bit giddy on it right now - it's been six months since I've watched tv, and it's dazzling. (Also dazzling is the sheer amount of crap on the tube. I'm continuing my boycott of shows like CSI which seem to focus almost exclusively on celebrating violence against women and children. Any show that opens with an artfully lit dead female body and someone making a joke about it continues to be off the list.)

Today I read "I am the Messenger" by Marcus Zusak. He wrote "The Book Thief" which was amazing, and this older work of his was just as good. Nice little meta-fictional twist at the end. Last weekend my mother brought me Maeve Binchy's latest book, which was exactly what you would expect of Maeve Binchy's latest book. I don't know what I'll read next... "The Stone Diaries" is calling my name, though. We'll see.

So many books, so little time.

No comments: