Wednesday, October 7, 2009

In which October Comes In like a Lion, and I Overhear a Funny Conversation

It's snowing here, dear hearts, and there is no heat in the school, for the foreseeable future.

This is good because I get to wear all my fabulous knitted sweaters, and also the "Fetching" fingerless mitts I knitted for myself.

This is bad because... well, because it is snowing.

Yesterday I heard the best conversation among a group of grade nine girls. It went a little something like this:

Girl the First: Did you go out with him? He is so hot!!!

Girl the Second: (giggling) No, I didn't go out with him... but Girl the Third did!

Girl the Third (giggling): Only once!

Girl the First: No! It was more like three times! And he's so hot!

Girl the Third: I know!!! But we only went out, like, twice!!

Girl the Second: You know who else is hot? Boy the First!

Girls first and third: Oh my god! He is so hot!!!

[Things continue in this vein for a few more minutes, after which a short silence falls upon the group. It is broken by this:]

Girl the First: You know what would be cool? A slide that went, like, from your bedroom, to, like, the kitchen.

Girls second and third: Oh my god! That would be so cool!

Say what you will about teaching junior high: I never overheard anything that hilarious when I was working for White Rednecks Inc. I love my job, mittens and all.

1 comment:

Word Imp said...

Hilarious. Thanks for sharing it! I can imagine it. They are so half child - half adolescent at that age. Wonderful. Just popped by to say hi and let you know I'm back to doing my Word Imperfect blog at last. Hope to see you there.