1. Got my sump pumped (which sounds dirty but isn't) by two lovely plumber guys named Marty and Eric, who are neighbours of my boy's babysitter's parents (I love small towns). I am now officially high and dry, for about half of what I figured it would cost me.
2. Was offered (and accepted, immediately, with something approaching glee) a permanent contract at the school where I am now, teaching more or less the same stuff, for as long as I care to continue.
There's no picture of that, but damn am I pleased.
3. Broke the knitting curse and completed most of the back of the Central Park Hoodie. I love cables, with all my teeny tiny heart. (Please note the flawless ribbing.)
It's bluer than that - the yarn (because I know you're dying to know) is Debbie Bliss Donegal Tweed. In blue.
I love cables (did I already say that?)
The best part of this sweater (besides the yarn and the colour, which I love) is the cables.
4. When I wasn't knitting or being a teaching all-star, I organized the office. Remember the before picture?
This is what it looks like "after":
Obviously, I still need a few things. Like a desk. I also need to hang up my degrees - that's them in the corner. You know, so I know that I really know what I know I know. You know?
I think I need more books, too. I'm sure I could fit more in there.
5. My boy is gone camping this weekend with friends, and I am beside myself with missing him. (I've also realized that I talk to my dog a lot.) But when I'm not missing him I'm doing lovely things like listening to music and making lunch that is not grilled cheese, and not laughing at knock-knock jokes, and taking walks wherein no one says "my legs are so tired, we have to go home right now- and can I ride my bike when we get there?" It's nice.
I also went and got me some flowers for the front porch (that's lavender, baby):
... and some for the back porch too (herbs - and flowers. I am a fool for pansies):
6. Read several good books but didn't write anything about them. I'm good, but I'm not that good.
7. That's about all I can tell you - but wait till you see what I have planned for next week. (I live a very exciting life. Just ask my dog.)