Saturday, May 23, 2009

What I Have Been Up To, In Pictures

1. Got my sump pumped (which sounds dirty but isn't) by two lovely plumber guys named Marty and Eric, who are neighbours of my boy's babysitter's parents (I love small towns). I am now officially high and dry, for about half of what I figured it would cost me.



2. Was offered (and accepted, immediately, with something approaching glee) a permanent contract at the school where I am now, teaching more or less the same stuff, for as long as I care to continue.

There's no picture of that, but damn am I pleased.

3. Broke the knitting curse and completed most of the back of the Central Park Hoodie. I love cables, with all my teeny tiny heart. (Please note the flawless ribbing.)



It's bluer than that - the yarn (because I know you're dying to know) is Debbie Bliss Donegal Tweed. In blue.

I love cables (did I already say that?)


The best part of this sweater (besides the yarn and the colour, which I love) is the cables.



4. When I wasn't knitting or being a teaching all-star, I organized the office. Remember the before picture?


This is what it looks like "after":


Obviously, I still need a few things. Like a desk. I also need to hang up my degrees - that's them in the corner. You know, so I know that I really know what I know I know. You know?



I think I need more books, too. I'm sure I could fit more in there.

5. My boy is gone camping this weekend with friends, and I am beside myself with missing him. (I've also realized that I talk to my dog a lot.) But when I'm not missing him I'm doing lovely things like listening to music and making lunch that is not grilled cheese, and not laughing at knock-knock jokes, and taking walks wherein no one says "my legs are so tired, we have to go home right now- and can I ride my bike when we get there?" It's nice.

I also went and got me some flowers for the front porch (that's lavender, baby):


... and some for the back porch too (herbs - and flowers. I am a fool for pansies):



6. Read several good books but didn't write anything about them. I'm good, but I'm not that good.

7. That's about all I can tell you - but wait till you see what I have planned for next week. (I live a very exciting life. Just ask my dog.)

No comments: